Effective Date: 16 July 2023
1. Collection of Personal Information
1.1. Information We Collect
WAAS may collect various types of personal information from individuals, including but not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, phone number, and mailing address)
- Professional and educational background
- Membership information
- Donations and financial transaction details
- Event registration details
- Communications preferences
1.2. Methods of Collection
We collect personal information through various methods, including:
- Direct interactions with individuals (such as when you provide your information on our website, participate in our programs, or contact us directly)
- Third-party sources, when permitted by applicable laws
2. Use of Personal Information
2.1. Purpose of Use
WAAS may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing and improving our programs, services, and events
- Responding to inquiries and communicating with individuals
- Managing membership and donor relations
- Processing donations and financial transactions
- Sending newsletters, updates, and promotional materials related to our activities
- Conducting research and analysis to better understand our stakeholders’ needs
- Complying with legal obligations
2.2. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
WAAS will process personal information based on one or more legal bases, including:
- Consent: When individuals have provided their consent for specific processing activities, they have the right to withdraw their consent at any time.
- Contractual necessity: When processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or to take steps at the request of the individual before entering into a contract.
- Legitimate interests: When processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, provided that such interests are not overridden by the individuals’ rights and interests.
3. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
3.1. Third-Party Service Providers
WAAS may share personal information with trusted third-party service providers who assist us in delivering our programs and services, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, and email communications. These service providers are authorized to use personal information solely for the purposes of providing services to WAAS and must protect the confidentiality and security of the information.
3.2. Legal Requirements
WAAS may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid legal requests, such as subpoenas or court orders.
3.3. Additional Disclosures
In certain circumstances, we may disclose personal information if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of WAAS, its members, employees, or the public, or to prevent fraud or illegal activities.
4. Data Retention and Security
5. Individual Rights and Choices
5.1. Access, Correction, and Deletion
Individuals have the right to access, correct, or delete their personal information held by WAAS. Requests for such actions can be made by contacting us using the information provided in Section 7.
5.2. Communications Preferences
Individuals may opt out of receiving marketing communications from WAAS by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those communications or by contacting us using the information provided in Section 7. However, please note that we may still send you important administrative messages related to your membership, donations, or other transactions.
6. Children’s Privacy
WAAS does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child without parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our systems.
7. Contact Us
World Academy of Art and Science[Address] [Email Address] [Phone Number]
Last updated: 16 July 2023