Dec 8, 2021
In partnership with GlobalMindED
STEAM is the integration of Scientific thinking and research with Art in the broadest sense as human creativity, the objective and subjective dimensions of reality, and the rational and intuitive perceptions of knowledge. This session explores the process of integrating the value-free conception of science with the values-based affirmation of humanity, and answers the questions: How can we integrate these dimensions in a manner that enhances understanding and accomplishment, rather than affirming one to the total neglect of the other? What are its implications for education, understanding and thinking processes?
- Paula GARCIA TODD, Global Strategic Manager, International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF)
- Rodolfo FIORINI, Emeritus Professor, Politecnico di Milano University; Trustee, WAAS
- Charita L. CASTRO, Director of Labor Affairs, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR)
- Afua BRUCE, Fellow, Public Interest Technology, New America
- Witold KINSNER, Professor, University of Manitoba; FWAAS