Proceedings of the Live Web Seminar on November 8th, 2012
Science of Networks
NOW AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE
Click here to listen to the Webcast or download it
The e-workshop will explore the development of Network Science and its application to a broad range of fields, including:
- The spontaneous emergence of networks and their impact on democratic processes.
- Health research and disease dissemination.
- Evolution of relationships between individual members of society impacted by advances in technology, communications and social development.
- The role of money as a networking instrument and the impact of networks on the worldwide financial crises.
- The process of social development as the growth & integration of society as a network.
- Global society as a network of governmental, commercial and civil society organizations.
- Impact of diminishing bio-diversity on human society and at the planetary level.
- The role of institutions governing today’s complex industrialized societies.
- Similarities in architecture and governing principles between microcosm and macrocosm, and between systems in diverse fields such as cellular biology and the internet.
- Mega-networks in the field of communication, energy distribution via smart grids, etc.