On February 26, 2008 , WAAS conducted a high level workshop on the threats arising from the weaponization of space, in collaboration with the Global Security Institute at the GSI's offices in New York City.
Expert presentations were made by Jonathan Granoff, President of GSI, Ambassador Robert Gray, Director, Bipartisan Security Group and Canadian legal expert Lucy Stojak. Participants included Walter Anderson, Garry Jacobs and Ivo Slaus.
- Space and Security, Dr. M. Lucy Stojak, Institute for International Law, KULeuven, 19 February 2008
- Safeguarding Space, a Global Common, Dr. M. Lucy Stojak, ISU Symposium, Strasbourg, France, 20-22 February 2008
- Weaponziation of Space, Ambassador Robert Grey, BSG Policy Brief, 2002.
- Advancing a Cooperative Security Regime in Outer Space, Rhianna Tyson, GSI Policy Brief, May 2007
- United States- Masters of Space? The US Space Command's 'Vision for 2020', Jonathan Granoff and Craig Eisendrath, December 2005
- High-Level Panel for Peace in the Highest Places, Jonathan Granoff, presentation to the Secretary-General's Advisory Board on Disarmament Matters, July 2007
- Weaponization of Space, Ambassador Robert Grey, presentation to GSI panel.
- Weaponization of Space and the Disarmament/Non-proliferation Regime, Vienna, May 2007.
- Legal Foundations and Essential Treaty Elements for a System of Common Security in Outer Space, Dr. Detlev Wolter.
- The Next 50 Years: Space Activities, Opportunities and Challenges, Ray A. Williamson Executive Director Secure World Foundation, Presentation to the World Academy of Arts and Sciences, 26 February 2008.
- Securing the Commons of Space, Presentation to the Secretary-General's Advisory Board on Disarmament Matters, Mike Moore, Research Fellow, The Independent Institute, (Ret.) Editor, The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists