World Academy of
WEBINAR on "Essence of Leadership" - February 16, 2015 at 5:30-7:30 pm GMT
A WEBINAR on "Essence of Leadership",was conducted on February 16, 2015 at 5:30-7:30 pm GMT (6:30 PM CET; 9:30 AM PST; 12:30 PM EST; 11 PM IST). The purpose of this webinar was to identify core issues that should be addressed in the live transdisciplinary course on Leadership held at IUC Dubrovnik from March 31-Apr 3, 2015. Interested WAAS Fellows were invited to exchange ideas and perspectives on the content of the course.
The webinar explored key characteristics common to effective leaders in business, politics, civil society, science, arts, professions and education and methods by which these characteristics can be consciously developed by individuals, such as --
- Understanding and tuning in to evolving social needs and values
- Character and personality traits of effective leaders
- Mental dimensions of leadership – leaders’ capacity to think differently
- Social construction of knowledge
- Transition from personal to impersonal (organizational) leadership
- Building and energizing an organization for continuous growth and development
- Leadership values
- Converting challenges into opportunities
- Leadership skills to communicate, instruct, manage and motivate people
- Development of second level leadership – institutionalizing capacities and delegating authority
- Developing network relationships and partnerships
- Becoming a leader
- Leadership and growth of personality
- Innovation and Creativity – leadership as Individuality
The format of webinar was as follows: each presenter was given 7-10 minutes to address the topic from their perspective and present key points. The remaining time was for Q&As and open discussion.
The list of presenters: Garry Jacobs, Alexander Likhotal, Winston Nagan, Ljudmila Popovich, Ivo Šlaus, Alberto Zucconi.